“Formula made with double old James & Son Premix”
James & Son Breeder
A premium pelleted feed for broodmares, stallions, weanlings, and yearlings that is rich in essential minerals, while supporting gut health and immune function.
- Palatable pelleted formulation for consistency and minimisation of wastage.
- Incorporates TruEquine C™to support immune function and digestive health.
- Formulated with essential vitamins and minerals to promote bone strength, development, and overall health.
- Contains an antacid to help buffer the stomach while providing a natural source of bioavailable calcium and magnesium for healthy skeletal development, growth, and maintenance.
- Includes high quality protein with added amino acids for building muscle and milk production.
Millrun, lupins, maize, barley, copra, soybean meal, equine antacid, limestone, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, salt, James & Son vitamin and mineral premix, TruEquine C™, magnesium oxide, and lysine.
TYPICAL NUTRITION INFORMATION PER 1 KG (As Fed)
|Digestible Energy||12.8 MJ|
|Protein (min)||19 %|
|Fibre (max)||9 %|
|TRACE MINERALS (Added)|
|Organic Chromium||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin A||10 002 IU|
|Vitamin D||1 998 IU|
|Vitamin E||315 mg|
|Vitamin K||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||18.23|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||11.45 mg|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||88 mg|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||12.5 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)||20 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.036 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.66 mg|
|Expected Mature Bodyweight (kg)|
|Weanlings||1.5 – 2.0||2.0 – 2.5||2.5 – 3.0||3.0 – 3.5||3.5 – 4.5|
|Yearlings||1.5 – 2.5||2.0 – 3.0||2.5 – 3.5||3.0 – 4.0||3.5 – 4.5|
|Dry & Early Pregnant Mares||1.0 – 2.0||1.5 – 2.5||2.0 – 3.0||2.5 – 3.5||3.0 – 4.0|
|Late Pregnant Mares||1.5 – 2.5||2.0 – 3.0||2.5 – 3.5||3.0 – 4.0||3.5 – 4.5|
|Lactating Mares||3.0 – 4.0||3.5 – 4.5||4.0 – 5.0||4.5 – 5.5||5.0 – 6.0|
|Breeding Stallions||1.0 -2.0||1.5 – 2.5||2.0 – 3.0||2.5 – 3.5||3.0 – 4.0|
|Spelling Horses||1.0 – 2.0||1.5 – 3.0||2.0 – 3.5||2.5 – 4.0||3.0 – 4.5|
- Ensure horses receive a minimum of 1.5% of their bodyweight each day in forage (pasture, hay, and chaff).
- Gradually introduce feed over a 2-week period.
- Fresh, clean water and free choice plain salt should always be available.
- If feeding more than 2 kg, divide into two or more smaller meals.
- Provide lactating mares with the highest quality pasture and hay.
- The above feeding rates are a guide only and will depend on age, workload, stage of pregnancy or lactation, forage quality and climate. Adjust feeding rates to take all factors into consideration.
- If feeding well below recommended feeding rates, supplementary vitamin and minerals should be provided to avoid mineral deficiency.