A grain and pellet blend formulated to provide a balance of qualit yprotein and highly digestible fibre. Old Mate is fully fortified with Vitamins and Minerals with added Yeast and EcoCell® Prebiotic with Mannanolig Osaccharides and inulin for healthy gut and immune function.Enriched with Biotin for coat and hoof condition, Old Mate caters for the increased nutritional requirements of the senior horse.
FEEDING GUIDE FOR OLD MATE:
- Senior horses requiring optimal body condition or to improve weight gain can be fed up to 4kg of Old Mate per day, in conjunction with a minimum of 1 % of body weight of good quality pasture, hay and/or chaff.
- Introduce Old Mate in to the diet slowly over 7 – 14 days.
- Ensure all horses have access to clean and fresh water.
- Feed Old Mate by weight, not volume.
- If feeding more than 0.5% of Old Mate plus other grains per day, divide the total daily amount in to two or more equal feeds.
- Do not add additional vitamins/minerals without veterinary consultation.
For further dietary and nutritional advice please contact James & Son, Premium Horse Feed.
FORMULATED AND RECOMMENDED FOR HORSES:
- In retirement.
- In senior years.
- Requiring weight gain.
- In light work.
Nutrient level per kg of Old Mate (as fed):
Vitamins and Minerals are essential for all facets of growth, development, activity, body maintenance and exercise.